Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Adv.Saddam Races to Make Nucleaar Bomb: Brighter than the Baghdad Sun
NewsMax Store | September 24, 2001

Posted on 09/25/2001 4:54:52 PM PDT by truther

Adv: Saddam Races to Make Nuclear Bomb

Even after Operations Desert Storm and Desert Fox, and a decade of United Nations weapons inspections, Saddam continues his relentless quest to build the “first Arab bomb,” having taken advantage of the weak-willed Clinton-Gore administration.

New! Brighter than the Baghdad Sun.

In 'Brighter Than the Baghdad Sun', award-winning journalists and Middle East experts Shyam Bhatia and Daniel McGrory expose for the first time the truth about Saddam Hussein’s secret race to make a nuclear bomb—and the role the Clinton-Gore administration has played in allowing it to happen.

Containing detailed accounts from former members of Saddam Hussein’s inner circle and his nuclear weapons team, Brighter Than the Baghdad Sun reveals:
• How Saddam had nearly completed a nuclear bomb by the beginning of the Gulf War—and would have detonated it near Kuwait City if a U.S. bomber hadn’t accidentally destroyed his nuclear lab
• The truth about the Clinton White House’s failed plots to have Saddam Hussein assassinated
• How President Clinton’s stubborn refusal to listen to King Hussein of Jordan resulted in fatal consequences
• How Saddam has invested more than $18 billion and employed more than 20,000 technicians to complete his nuclear bomb
• The inside story of how greed, sexual excesses, and blood feuds have threatened Saddam Hussein’s nuclear ambition
• How the Clinton-Gore administration has espoused an Iraqi policy riddled with contradictions, opted for “quick fix” solutions doomed to failure, and refused to support United Nations weapons inspectors.

Bhatia and McGrory take you inside Saddam’s bunkers to war-room sessions and secret meetings with his nuclear scientists, and to the Oval Office, where you join President Clinton’s national security meetings.

This thrilling read lays bare Saddam’s deadly ambitions and shows, chillingly, just how close he is to attaining them.

Shyam Bhatia has been Middle East correspondent and diplomatic editor for London’s Observer newspaper. He is the author of Nuclear Rivals in the Middle East and India’s Nuclear Bomb.

Daniel McGrory is an award-winning journalist covering the Middle East and the Balkans. Currently writing for the Times of London, he was formerly the chief foreign correspondent for the Daily Express.

TOPICS: Miscellaneous; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 09/25/2001 4:54:52 PM PDT by truther
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

Comment #2 Removed by Moderator

To: Manny Festo

3 posted on 09/25/2001 5:00:22 PM PDT by truther
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: truther
Off Bold Sun
4 posted on 09/25/2001 5:01:27 PM PDT by DainBramage
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

So I guess we wait until he uses it (or them)? Or we put him completely out of commission for good? Or we protect the countries like his that support and train the terrorists? Or a million Jews and Amercans may die in his test firing? Or what? Help me out here, I'm confused at who is the real enemy in this War.

Seems to me that all the Arab countries that have given support to terrorists need a painful lesson and soon. That means Afganistan, (natch!), Libya, Sudan, Pakistan, Syria (most certainly!), Iraq (for sure), Lebanon, Egypt, Morrocco, Algeria, and of course, Hitlery's friends in Palestine. The message might be: Turn the terrorists over to us and we will continue to supply you with money donated by faithful taxpayers. You have one week, then we pull the plug and send all your legal and illegal residents of the US back to you. Still no favorable response, then we will introduce you to a few well-aimed missiles. After that we could get serious.

5 posted on 09/25/2001 5:30:01 PM PDT by Paulus Invictus

Nuke Saddam Hussein now!
6 posted on 09/25/2001 5:31:30 PM PDT by Standing Wolf

How Saddam has invested more than $18 billion and employed more than 20,000 technicians to complete his nuclear bomb

When I saw this part... I knew I wouldn't have to praise Klinton for this :

The truth about the Clinton White House’s failed plots to have Saddam Hussein assassinated

It does not take 18 billion dollars to construct a nuclear bomb.

I could do it with 50 million. The only key thing is access to refined elements. Or a facility that could do it.

So this whole book/post is award winning nonsense.

On a total side topic..... just one of interest - (I post these things when I think of them)... Does the US have Space Based Uranium/Plutonium detectors?

If not, then how do they know the locations of EVERY known and UNKNOWN Uranium mine?

That would seem to be a sort of a big problem. It's not like striking coal.....

7 posted on 09/25/2001 11:01:00 PM PDT by DAnconia55

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson